Long break
bern
2006-10-17 18:31:40 UTC
Hi there

Just managed to find my way back to this newsgroup... In fact i can
remember the discussions to get it set up from the old poly mailing
list - does that still exist?

I have no idea if any of the old crew are still about - Grant, Jenny,
Dave, Nicky and all the others.

Maybe you may remember from some of the old munches - especially one at
Sticky Fingers where a chair got rather broken :)

Anyhow - would be great to catch up. Do say hello, send an email, set
up smoke signals etc. and I can forward myspace details etc.

Bern

oh - PS For those who don't know me I'm Bern 39 in very happy long term
poly relationship... Lexi is my partner, 28 and just more lovely than
can be imagined....
Chris Croughton
2006-10-21 11:57:12 UTC
On 17 Oct 2006 11:31:40 -0700, bern
Post by bern
I have no idea if any of the old crew are still about - Grant, Jenny,
Dave, Nicky and all the others.
I'm one of the founder members of this newsgroup, I don't know how many
of the others still monitor it, it's not exactly busy (understatement!).
Post by bern
oh - PS For those who don't know me I'm Bern 39 in very happy long term
poly relationship... Lexi is my partner, 28 and just more lovely than
can be imagined....
Er, I thought a poly relationship involved more than one other person
<g>. Or less than one (zero is a plural number in English -- no
partners, one partner, two partners, more...). Or fractional (0.5
partners, 3.1415927 partners...).

Chris C
Marc Wilson
2006-10-23 22:36:31 UTC
Post by bern
I have no idea if any of the old crew are still about - Grant, Jenny,
Dave, Nicky and all the others.
I'm one of the founder members of this newsgroup, I don't know how many
of the others still monitor it, it's not exactly busy (understatement!).
<waves>
Post by Chris Croughton
Post by bern
oh - PS For those who don't know me I'm Bern 39 in very happy long term
poly relationship... Lexi is my partner, 28 and just more lovely than
can be imagined....
Er, I thought a poly relationship involved more than one other person
Well, I'm poly, with the special case that n=1 at the moment. *Shrug*. If
you can be bi with one partner, you can be poly with one. For that matter,
I knew I was het, and poly (though I didn't then have a word for it) before
I had *any* partners.
Post by Chris Croughton
<g>. Or less than one (zero is a plural number in English -- no
partners, one partner, two partners, more...). Or fractional (0.5
partners, 3.1415927 partners...).
Pi in the sky.
--
Marc

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
Chris Croughton
2006-10-24 14:32:11 UTC
Post by bern
I have no idea if any of the old crew are still about - Grant, Jenny,
Dave, Nicky and all the others.
I'm one of the founder members of this newsgroup, I don't know how many
of the others still monitor it, it's not exactly busy (understatement!).
<waves>
<particles>
Post by Marc Wilson
Post by Chris Croughton
Post by bern
oh - PS For those who don't know me I'm Bern 39 in very happy long term
poly relationship... Lexi is my partner, 28 and just more lovely than
can be imagined....
Er, I thought a poly relationship involved more than one other person
Well, I'm poly, with the special case that n=1 at the moment. *Shrug*. If
you can be bi with one partner, you can be poly with one. For that matter,
I knew I was het, and poly (though I didn't then have a word for it) before
I had *any* partners.
Yes, it was established in the discussion before his group was formed
that the group is for poly-friendly and "would like to be poly but don't
have anyone else at the moment" people as well as those who are actively
poly. I haven't got any, but I've been in favour of poly families since
reading Heinlein as a teenager...
Post by Marc Wilson
Post by Chris Croughton
<g>. Or less than one (zero is a plural number in English -- no
partners, one partner, two partners, more...). Or fractional (0.5
partners, 3.1415927 partners...).
Pi in the sky.
Mmmm, pi! </Homer>

Chris C
Marc Wilson
2006-10-24 17:30:16 UTC
Post by bern
I have no idea if any of the old crew are still about - Grant, Jenny,
Dave, Nicky and all the others.
I'm one of the founder members of this newsgroup, I don't know how many
of the others still monitor it, it's not exactly busy (understatement!).
<waves>
<particles>
Oh! The duality!
--
Marc

Does it have enhanced IR vision, a particle beam weapon with target acquisition, highly amplified arm/leg systems,
self-contained atmosphere, and a small nuclear plant? No? Not much of a "power suit", is it? (NancyButton)
Carl Inglis
2006-10-25 05:25:39 UTC
Post by Chris Croughton
On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 23:36:31 +0100, Marc Wilson
[snip]
Post by Chris Croughton
Post by Marc Wilson
<waves>
<particles>
[snip]

That little exchange has restored a small percentage of my faith in
usenet as the home of intelligent people.

Carl
Stephen Harris
2006-10-25 10:56:35 UTC
Post by Chris Croughton
Post by Marc Wilson
<waves>
<particles>
[snip]
That little exchange has restored a small percentage of my faith in
usenet as the home of intelligent people.
Let's give them all a standing (wave) ovation!
--
rgds, Stephen "Pleasure, little treasure"
An Englishman in New York, and loving slave to his Mistress, Tori.

BDSM thoughts, writings, poems and stuff: http://bdsm.spuddy.org/
Newsgroup charter, FAQs etc at http://bdsm.spuddy.org/newsgroups/
Marc Wilson
2006-10-25 13:08:38 UTC
Post by Chris Croughton
Post by Marc Wilson
<waves>
<particles>
[snip]
That little exchange has restored a small percentage of my faith in
usenet as the home of intelligent people.
Shhh! We're *hiding*.
--
Marc

Discordianism: Where reality is a figment of your imagination
Andrew Marshall
2006-10-24 17:08:19 UTC
Post by bern
I have no idea if any of the old crew are still about - Grant, Jenny,
Dave, Nicky and all the others.
I'm one of the founder members of this newsgroup, I don't know how many
of the others still monitor it, it's not exactly busy (understatement!).
<waves>
I'm still lurking too.
Post by Marc Wilson
Post by Chris Croughton
Post by bern
oh - PS For those who don't know me I'm Bern 39 in very happy long term
poly relationship... Lexi is my partner, 28 and just more lovely than
can be imagined....
Er, I thought a poly relationship involved more than one other person
Well, I'm poly, with the special case that n=1 at the moment.
Likewise, but n=0 for me.
Post by Marc Wilson
*Shrug*. If
you can be bi with one partner, you can be poly with one.
For that matter,
I knew I was het, and poly (though I didn't then have a word for it) before
I had *any* partners.
As did I, since my teens - which was a long time ago.
--
Regards,
Andrew Marshall, G8BUR, M0MAA.